Friday, August 10, 2012

Are there big returns heading to General Hospital?


Supposedly “big” returns are in the works for ‘General Hospital.’

At least according to Frank Valenti.

This is on the heels of Sebastian Roche’s return as Jerry Jax and Ingo Rademacher’s announced return as Jasper Jax.

While I consider Rademacher’s return significant – Jerry Jax has never been a favorite of mine.

I think my problem with the character is that Julian Stone’s Jerry Jax was something of a bumbling fool that fell into bad situations while Roche’s Jerry is a cold-blooded murderer and sociopath.

I think GH would have been smarter keeping Roche – who is talented – as Mr. Craig than trying to make familial ties when there shouldn’t have been any. But I digress.

It was revealed this week that Jerry Jax is behind Robin’s kidnapping and forced ECT – and that Jerry is suffering from some sort of ailment. I still think there’s more to the story – and since they’re hanging out at the Cassadine mansion I’m guessing it’s that Helena is somehow involved.

So what’s bringing the super villains together?

This is GH, so I’m sure it will be some convoluted plot. Internet rumors (read: fan fiction) claim that Jerry and Dr. Ewen are holding a lot of former Port Charles denizens captive – kind of like David in the waning months of ‘All My Children.’

I think that would be a ridiculous story – if that’s the way they’re headed – but it’s always fun to speculate about faves coming back.

Just a note, I don’t believe all these people are coming back – I’m not deluded enough to believe that GH has the money for it (so save the emails). I just want them to come back.

Here’s my short list:

Alan Quartermaine: Of all the deaths under Bob Guza’s reign of terror, this is the one that bothered me the most. Alan needs to be home, spicing up the Quartermaine mansion. That place is like a tomb anymore.

Robert Scorpio: His return for his only daughter’s funeral was too short and too ridiculous. Sending him off after an errant Ethan was a mean thing to do to longtime fans.

Laura Spencer: She’s been off the GH canvas far too long. She and Robert should come back as a couple to really shake up Luke and Anna. That would be the ultimate quadrangle (sorry Tracy fans).

Emily Quartermaine: I love Amber Tamblyn’s Emily more than life itself. Natalia Livingston’s wasn’t my favorite, but the Quartermaines are in desperate need of bolstering their ranks. That being said, there’s no reason to bring back Emily if we can’t have Nikolas, too.

Nikolas Cassadine: I know that Tyler Christopher is busy with that ABC Family show, but I miss the prince of darkness. He and Emily had an epic love story – and the show is definitely lost on the romance front. When the only pairing generating any heat is Sam and John – you know you have problems.

Lucky Spencer: I’m sure we’ll see Jonathan Jackson before the end of GH – even if it is just to let him and Liz ride off into the sunset together. I bet the GH writers are kicking themselves for letting Jackson go now – especially since ‘Nashville’ is the only new show on ABC getting any buzz.

Brenda Barrett: The writing for Brenda was bad – really bad – last time. I want her to come back, reunite with Sonny, and have the two of them ride off into the sunset together. I don’t for a second believe this “everlasting” love between Sonny and Kate.

A.J. Quartermaine: this would be a chance for GH to right the terrible wrongs that they did to poor A.J. That guy had his son stolen from him and somehow he was still the villain in the scenario. I’d like to see him take on Jason – and win.

What do you think? Who would you like to see return?

4 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

You forgot the best GH villain ever: Anders Hove as Cesar Faison.

They should bring him back!

August 10, 2012 at 5:13 PM 
Blogger Unknown said...

I am loving Sebastian Roche back as Jerry. In my GH alternate universe, Jerry is working undercover for the WSB to bring down Helena Cassadine who is working with Cesar Faison. In addition to your list above, I'd also like to see Steve Bond back as Jimmy Lee Holt to help bolster the Quartermaines, Kin Shriner as Scotty (to play with Robin Mattson's Heather), John Reilly as Sean Donnely to help bulk up the PCPD, Denise Alexander as Lesley Webber (Lulu needs her grandmother!) and Thaao Penghlis as Victor Cassadine to wreak havoc on the city.

August 10, 2012 at 5:42 PM 
Blogger Joe said...

Just don't bring back that goof from Lumina!

August 10, 2012 at 9:48 PM 
Blogger krazyrabbit said...

Please, please, PLEASE let Lucy Coe be one of the returning Port Charles citizens! Lucy was one of the more complex female characters to grace the GH landscape and Lynn Herring is an excellent actress. Can you imagine Lucy, Kevin, Alan and Scotty being held captive... together? The writing delights for this would be spectacular.

August 12, 2012 at 10:30 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home