Tuesday, November 12, 2013

SOAPnet to go off the air on January 1, 2014



SOAPnet is officially going off the air at the end of the year.

And I’m ticked.

I know I shouldn’t be. We’ve been hearing reports that SOAPnet would shutter its doors since 2010. Each time the network continued, though, I felt a small sense of satisfaction.

SOAPnet is more than just a place to watch General Hospital at night – if I miss it during the day. In fact, I usually DVR GH and watch it when I get home from work. That allows me to fast-forward through the dead weight (cough*Sabrina*cough) and get to the stories I care about.

SOAPnet hasn’t always been perfect. The network should have stuck with airings of classic soaps like Another World, Santa Barbara and Loving – instead of filling its lineup with drivel like One Tree Hill reruns.

SOAPnet had original programming – like GH: Night Shift – that was sometimes better than the source material.

Soap fans keep feeling the hurt – and it’s not fair. All I really have left in GH now, since I can’t tolerate Bold and the Beautiful and Days of Our Lives anymore and Young and Restless ebbs and flows for me.

Disney taking away SOAPnet is just another slap in the face – and I’m sick of being beat up because I’m a soap fan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home