Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Kristen Stewart (finally) does something interesting


Is it just me or is cheating on Robert Pattinson the most interesting thing Kristen Stewart has ever done?

No, I’m being serious.

I can’t remember ever seeing the lackluster actress seem anything other than morose or bored -- much like the vacant character (Bella Swan) that made her famous.

I used to think she was talented – and that ‘Twilight’ was just holding her back – but I gave up that ghost after ‘Snow White and the Huntsman.’

Ah, ‘Snow White and the Huntsman’ – the film at the center of what has turned into a teenybopper’s worst nightmare.

For those that don’t know yet, ‘Twilight’ star Kristen Stewart has acknowledged a brief and torrid affair with her ‘Snow White and the Huntsman’ director Rupert Sanders.

She even issued an apology for her lack of judgment. The apology came across as desperate – where she reiterated her love for Pattinson and begged for forgiveness.

That’s a pretty big step for a girl that has never acknowledged dating Pattinson in the first place – even though they’ve been together for more than three years.

The thing is, I don’t really care.

I mean, I guess I do care, as much as I find the whole thing entertaining. I’m not exactly in mourning, though.

If message boards are to be judged, however, the middle-school set is in agony. Not only did they invest in Bella and Edward’s love on-screen, but they let themselves believe that true love conquered all off-screen as well.

Whoops. Guess some fans just got a harsh taste of reality.

The truth is, Stewart is 22 and Pattinson is 26. They’re too young to be settling down – Stewart especially.

I know teens look through the world with rose-colored glasses and when things don’t turn out their way the drama is spectacular, but the reality is that Stewart and Pattison probably weren’t going to make it even if she hadn’t cheated.

I’m actually more interested in Sanders. At the age of 41, he was almost twice Stewart’s age. He also had a wife and kids. They’re the true victims in this. No one else.
 
I mean all Stewart did was embrace what other kids her age were doing – finding herself. It’s too bad she had to do it with a married man, but that’s the age to make mistakes. I don’t know what Sanders’ excuse is, though. He should have known better.

What I find interesting about the message boards, though, is there are two different fan bases.

One fan base is broken-hearted that Stewart has crushed a love story they aspired to -- a very bland and unrealistic love story, but a love story nonetheless.

The other, though, that’s the truly funny one. These are teenage girls that are glad this happened because Pattinson is “better” than Stewart and now he can find someone that really appreciates him.

Yeah, sorry girls, no matter what you think you’re never going to “run into” Pattinson and heal his broken heart. He’s not waiting for you and you’re never going to get him.

What this does for Stewart’s relationship with Pattinson, I don’t know. I would wager that press tour for the final ‘Twilight’ movie is going to be tough on both of them.

If I had to guess, especially since they’re so young, I would think that Pattinson and Stewart will reunite for a few months before quietly falling apart again.

Hollywood is one of those places where you go to a movie set for three months. You are thrown in these situations with people that are very intense – but then you move on.

Pattinson and Stewart just kept getting thrown in the same area with one another year after year.

Finally, in closing, I want to say the following: Suck it up Twi-hards. You’re going to be equally crushed in three months when Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez call it quits.

What do you think? Do you care about Stewart and Pattinson’s relationship problems?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home