Sunday, July 22, 2012

Interesting casting news hits Port Charles


Was anyone else surprised to see Robin this week?
I know I was.

Either I wasn’t paying close enough attention – or the show runners did an excellent job keeping Kimberly McCullough’s appearance a secret.

To be fair, I was slightly distracted this week by all things Batman – but I literally sat up straight and nearly jumped off the couch when I caught sight of Robin this week.
My Robin love is well documented – but until I saw her through Patrick’s eyes this week I had no idea how much I truly missed her.

The problem is, we still have no idea if Robin is coming back for good.

I looked around for some official announcement regarding Robin’s fate – but I couldn’t find any.
So, what does the Robin appearance mean? Is it just a cameo? Does it signify a permanent return?

I honestly have no idea.

Personally, I would love a permanent Robin return but it doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. McCullough wanted time off for other projects.

Perhaps she’s finished those other projects? Perhaps she missed her GH family? I can only hope that’s true. Robin is desperately missed on the canvas.

I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

If Internet chatter is any indication – and that’s a risky proposition given how many purport fan fiction to be spoilers – Heather Webber is somehow tied into Robin’s captivity.

I’m not sure how that works – or what Heather would have to do with this situation – but hey, I’m willing to believe just about anything as long as I get my Robin back.

Another interesting turn of events saw Soaps In Depth confirm that Jen Lilley had filmed her last scenes as Maxie. Fans have been hearing rumblings for weeks that Kirsten Storms would be returning to the role she had to vacate due to illness months ago.

If the news is true, it will be a welcome turn of events. I felt cheated that Storms wasn’t in the role for Robin’s “death.” Maybe I’ll be rewarded for my patience by having Storms in the role for their reunion? What? I girl can hope can’t she.

Still, I would be remiss if I failed to point out that we’ve heard no official confirmation of Storms’ return. That’s as of 10:30 a.m. Sunday (July 22). Things could change any second.
 
In other casting news, Ron Carlivati has hinted at major returns from other past favorites – and Nancy Lee Grahn tweeted in recent days that Alexis shares a kiss with someone that she’s locked lips with before.

Hmmm.

I’m personally hoping it’s Ric. Is it just me, or could Ric be a welcome return? He could have ties to Joe Scully or something.

We also heard word that there’s a chance the beloved Nurse’s Ball could be revived.

I’ve actually been waiting for this for awhile.

Carlivati and Frank Valenti showed that they loved music on ‘One Life to Live’ during their tenure and fans have been practically begging for the beloved showcase to return.

Valenti and Carlivati have been coy – but both admit they love music so anything is a possibility.

Finally, a quick pet peeve of the week.

Olivia has always been shown to be a relatively intelligent woman. So why, after seeing nutty Heather dressed as a maid and wearing someone else’s name tag, would she remain in the room with crazy Heather?

I like drama, and I’m willing to suspend disbelief for soaps, but let’s not have our characters completely lose any semblance of self.

What do you think? What do you think Robin’s sudden appearance means?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home