Wednesday, August 21, 2013

GENERAL HOSPITAL: It's official! Robin is (finally) returning home



The soap gods have seen fit to smile upon me. Finally.

Yes, that’s right ‘General Hospital’ fans – Kimberly McCullough is returning to Port Charles this fall.

Hallelujah! Robin Scorpio is returning home – and it’s not for a short stint.

It’s been confirmed by Soap Digest that McCullough has signed a contract and she will be reuniting with her onscreen husband, Patrick, and daughter Emma in the next few weeks.

Everyone can breathe a sigh of relief, because Sabrina will be out of Patrick’s life as soon as possible. Do I sound a little mean? My Sabrina hate is legendary, so get used to that.

I have been lamenting for months that I wanted Robin back on canvas and I was hopeful that it was in the works. Of course, that was when it was being rumored that Jason Thompson (Patrick) might be leaving the show.

Now, of course, I want Patrick to stay and fix his family. Yeah, I’m fickle that way.

As long as Patrick isn’t with Sabrina – I don’t really care how the reunion works. Okay, that’s not exactly true. Here’s how I see it:

Someone is obviously working on a cure for Jerry Jax and Luke is going to be searching for that cure.
Since we know Jerry has Robin, I’m guessing that either Holly (in her pursuit of Jerry and Dr. Obrecht) or Luke in his pursuit of Jerry will stumble upon a very alive Robin – who will be working on a cure for Jerry. She’ll be (conveniently) able to save Luke, too.

In an ideal world, I would like Robert to wake up and go find his daughter – killing Faison, Jerry and Dr. Obrecht in the process. On the flip side, though, I would kind of like to see individual emotional reunions with Anna, Robert, Sean Donnelly, Patrick and Emma.

It’s a tough call. I’m not 100 percent sure how I want her to be discovered – just that it better happen sooner (rather than later). Each minute that Patrick is tied up with the insipid Disney princess I want to smack somebody – mainly Sabrina.

Now, since this is a soap, I wouldn’t be surprised if Sabrina either goes psycho, like Lisa Niles, or we find out she’s got a hidden past, like Britt. I don’t really care either way – but I’m hoping they give the girl an edge.

Either way, I’m just happy my girl is coming home.

What do you think? Are you happy Robin is coming home?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home