Friday, November 9, 2012

May the feathers be with you . . . always



This is where the fun begins – trust me.

I love ‘Star Wars’ and I love Angry Birds so when the two were united this week – I was in heaven.

Angry Birds is one of those games that is ridiculously addictive. You keep telling yourself "one more level" -- and then you find yourself playing until 3 a.m.

Whenever they come out with a new upgrade, I’m right there playing it until I get all the levels to 100 percent.

Several months ago, Angry Birds branched out with a Space edition that turned the genre on its ear and introduced fans to a new way to play – one that defied gravity (or, more accurately, made you judge it).

Angry Birds Star Wars is actually a mixture of the original and Space – and it has the graphics of Angry Rio thrown in for fun.

It is, without a doubt, addictive.

So far, I’m only on the Death Star level - -but I’m looking forward to making my way through all the levels (at least until Tuesday when Lord of the Rings Lego comes out).

For those who have never played Angry Birds, the game is pretty simple. You have to take various different birds and fling them at towers holding green little pigs that mock you when you don’t manage to clear the level.

In Angry Birds Star Wars, those little pigs are wearing Tusken Raider and Stormtrooper helmets (so far – I’m sure I’m in for a few more surprises down the road).

The red main bird has a light saber option, the Obi-Wan bird uses the force and the Han Solo bird (my favorite) yells “yahoo” whenever he is flung and has a laser gun. It’s actually a great way to spice up a game that had become a little too staid.

There are also bonus levels where you get to fling R2D2 and C3PO.

Also, like Angry Birds Space, some levels utilize the gravity issues for planets – which is a nice changeup.

Angry Birds Star Wars is available for $2.99 on the iPad and .99 on the iPhone.

If you like problem solving – and love ‘Star Wars’ – I urge you to check it out.

What do you think? Is Angry Birds Star Wars a great idea?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home